Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DeliciousBeanWater t1_je8drq9 wrote

The PA gov would appoint someone as a temporary seat yntil the next regularly scheduled election, which would be the special election for that particular seat, which is a little over a year and a half.

Trafficsigntruther t1_je8enyr wrote

> a temporary seat yntil the next regularly scheduled election, … which is a little over a year and a half.

The next scheduled election is in November, a little over 8 months from now.

DeliciousBeanWater t1_je8et5g wrote

Not for PA its not. Next scheduled senate election for pa is 2024.

Trafficsigntruther t1_je8fq9v wrote

> Next scheduled senate election for pa is 2024.

And it’s for Bob Casey’s seat, not Fetterman’s. It’s completely irrelevant to the special election. The last time there was a vacancy in a PA Senate seat, there was an election in 1991, and odd year that wasn’t scheduled for a senate election (obviously).

DeliciousBeanWater t1_je8fwz1 wrote

No shit its not for fettermans seat. Thats why it would be a special election. Can you provide a valid link to show otherwise, instead of one paid for by a possibly biased orgaisation?

Trafficsigntruther t1_je8g90b wrote

> instead of one paid for by a possibly biased orgaisation?

If think ballotopedia is biased, I don’t know how to satisfy your needs?

Harris wofford’s bio at Congress.gov?

https://bioguide.congress.gov/search/bio/W000665

DeliciousBeanWater t1_je8h0cg wrote

What does this dudes biography have to do with when a special election would be held should he step down?

.com and .org websites are not valid sources. .gov is better but the page youve linked is irrelevant

−2

Trafficsigntruther t1_je8hi5i wrote

> What does this dudes biography have to do with when a special election would be held should he step down?

He was appointed to the US Senate to fill a vacancy in 1991 and then had to run again in November 1991. That was the last time there was a Senate vacancy in PA where a special election had to occur.

> .com and .org websites are not valid sources.

Quoted.

DeliciousBeanWater t1_je8hlm9 wrote

Ok thats not helpful to anyone right now. That how no bearing on right now. That was over 30 years ago.

−3

Trafficsigntruther t1_je8htas wrote

> That how no bearing on right now. That was over 30 years ago.

Do you have a source showing the process changed?

DeliciousBeanWater t1_je8huuf wrote

Nope but im not the one making claims here

−5

Trafficsigntruther t1_je8i0t0 wrote

> im not the one making claims here

You did claim the election would be in 2024.

DeliciousBeanWater t1_je8iv85 wrote

Lol thats not my claim. That info is found in the link you provided you walnut. PA holds their special elections concurrent with scheduled statewide general elections aka 2024. November 8 is a municipal election in PA. Smh youre literally contradicting yourself

ETA since youve dirty deleted your response which was something like “theres special elections schedule in pa for this nov”

Those special elections are all for state legislature seats.