Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

NeedlessPedantics t1_jecsbbz wrote

Every idiot I grew up with in rural Canada is convinced Putin is fighting against the deep state to stop the WEF, and Trudeau from forcing us all into 15 minute communities. The same people who think China managed to steal the election for Trudeau. But Russia wouldn’t possibly do anything to subvert our democracy.

No no, only China.

Mushroom_Tip t1_jedco52 wrote

It's funny how almost overnight WEF just became a thing they all obsesses about and blame for all their problems.

Almost like all these channels they glue themselves to are connected and spread the same shit.

It's even funnier when you consider Putin regularly spoke at WEF and supported it.

NeedlessPedantics t1_jedkmap wrote

Yeah, all their talking points are completely predictable, just watch the headlines from totally not biased news sources like the Counter Signal, and Canada Proud. Two weeks later those are the parroted talking points.

Sansia t1_jeex3h7 wrote

I don’t know what a 15 minute community is, but it sounds really nice. It takes me at least 15 min to go anywhere other than the grocery store.

Art-Zuron t1_jef617x wrote

I think that's what it means. You are withing a 15 min walk of everything you need, from groceries to a barber, to a park.

pewpewpewgg t1_jefh7ey wrote

Sounds nice actually.

stringrandom t1_jegfl3r wrote

It’s pretty damn awesome. My neighborhood is a 15 minute community. I can easily walk to a couple of grocery stores, a library, three parks, a couple of haircut places, several bars and restaurants, and some general stores.

I can go weeks without needing to drive.

Art-Zuron t1_jefilfu wrote

That was also originally the ideal of the American Mall. It was pioneered by some folks who thought Malls were an ideal utopia-like system.

Then capitalism turned them into dystopias instead. They were turned into tax havens for millionaires and billionaires to hide their money in.