Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

preferrred t1_jebebxi wrote

I live 20 min away. I saw info on it like 2 minutes after the first news article dropped and the story has changed wildly. At first there were shots fired, two men who are armed and dangerous on campus and at large. Then it said there is no active threat to the community, an investigation is ongoing, and the suspects are still at large. Now it’s saying that there is no active shooter, one person injured (non critical), and no arrests have been made. Classes cancelled for the rest of the week.. and I don’t go to that school but I’m not going on my campus for the rest of the week either personally.

cameronbrady t1_jecusfw wrote

yeah it was a high schooler who was there on one of the trips to visit the school since they're nearing the end of their school year. for whatever reason, he had a gun with him and somehow shot himself in the bathroom accidentally

preferrred t1_jed8whp wrote

God I just want to yell. I am SO thankful it was not any worse than it was. It being this close to home really sent me into a spiral for a few hours I was not feeling good. That kid is a fucking idiot.