Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Beautiful_Spite_3394 t1_jdomkx6 wrote

Yeah man definitely, I just have to thank you though for turning literally the weakest point I've ever felt in my existence into being something I can maybe be a little proud of for having that strength to protect my life that night like you're saying. Cause you're right that would be unnerving to hear as a robber out of all the responses.

I'm not gonna try it again, I really should have just asked what they wanted haha. Hindsight in 20/20 but I just don't wanna be in thay scenario again lol, I don't drive at night anymore so that's one step. 😅

I'm really just glad I got away that night without any issues either way haha

A_Gent_4Tseven t1_jdonn7s wrote

Always be proud. You stood up for yourself. That’s something strong you’ll give to your kid,wether you know it or not.

A_Gent_4Tseven t1_jdop5r2 wrote

I know I’m going to sound like a therapist right now.. but. If I didn’t take the time to address my issues with stuff that happened with me. Even these little talks about feeling scared.. they’ll help you out with it in the long run. I know having a gun in your face blows, I know also having a gun on your hip blows too.. I know you carry and I know that having that gun can give some people false confidence. Take the solace in the fact that, not only did you stand up for yourself, you didn’t let the anger or fear run you into taking the persons life nor did it make you think you were impervious to damage and cause you to lose your own trying to defend yourself. So you hit the hat trick. You got 3 perfects in handling a situation and it worked out. You stood up for yourself, you didn’t let a personal weapon get you or another person killed, and you came out on top. You also admit it made you feel weak, that’s a step some can’t take. Just don’t beat yourself up over it.