Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Divio42 t1_itq8afx wrote

> A disturbing number of people have a heart condition slowly killing them and they don't even know it.

No doubt. But, if they don't even know it, they can't be suffering too much at least. A quick death with minimal suffering is better than one full of years of pain, like a cancer slowly eating you away while the treatment you are receiving for it eats you away even more.

code_archeologist t1_itq8wbf wrote

I can understand that. As for me I would just rather not die, or get old (ageing sucks, one star, do not recommend) and just live forever to avoid the existential fear of missing out of what is going to come tomorrow.

Divio42 t1_itqar8j wrote

Totally understand that, too. Though another part of me is just curious enough about what, if anything, comes next to where I'd probably accept it when it happens. And, if nothing comes next, then I won't be around to lodge a complaint with life's supervisor.

lordreed t1_itqougq wrote

Afterlife Karen says she wants to speak to the Afterlife's manager, her accommodations are a bit too toasty.

GreedyNovel t1_itsfhry wrote

I lost both parents very suddenly like this four years apart, and I agree. Although it was shocking it is also much easier than spending years taking care of someone you know will never get better.