Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_iqr38oc wrote

Direct_Rabbit_5389 t1_iqt86mq wrote

Does orange country pay less than half of San Diego? Both using the same gas provider? I'm surprised to hear that. Prices in the bay area were in the mid 40c per kWh when I lived there five years ago and folks in sf were the same. I assumed this was due to sin taxation.

Fwiw brief googling doesn't find anything to support the claim that OC is cheaper than San Diego. Con ed time of use rates are quoted state-wide here: https://www.coned.com/en/accounts-billing/your-bill/time-of-use Can you provide some source for your claim it's cheaper in OC?

[deleted] t1_iqtavrm wrote

[deleted]

Direct_Rabbit_5389 t1_iqtd53r wrote

Oh. I guess I don't see the need for a conspiracy to explain why two different companies charge different prices for a commodity. They have different pipeline networks, presumably different infrastructure costs, etc.

[deleted] t1_iqtdozg wrote

[deleted]

banditoreo t1_iqtsc1p wrote

Sempra does not own PG&E, it owns SoCal gas and SDGE, which are in Southern Ca.

SoCal Edison, is one of the many companies in SoCal, only with SDGE and LA DWP, that provide electricity. But Edison does not sell natural gas.

Best deal in SoCal is Long Beach city that does all three, water, gas, and electricity ....

banditoreo t1_iqtrsws wrote

Edison is electricity. SDGE is both Gas and Electric. The poster was talking about electricity prices, not natural gas.

Orange Co gets natural gas from SoCalGas , different company.