Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Evulsockmonkey t1_itilpyl wrote

What Is sending me this supposed to do? Context is the most important piece of evidence. Was the man pulled over wanted for warrants? Was the vehicle stolen, why was the officer there? Why did the man dive into his vehicle? Why did the officer shoot?

−2

Logical-Recognition3 t1_itizgnz wrote

If you watched the video you heard he was pulled over for a suspected seatbelt violation. When the officer asked to see his license, he reached into his truck for his wallet and the officer started shooting. The officer continued to shoot even after the victim raised his hands.

Dealing with American police can be like a Squid Game version of Simon Says except you might get shot even when you do what you are told to do.

Evulsockmonkey t1_itks3ro wrote

Don’t generalize all police, this is the issue. People say all police are bad or all police are racist and idiots out there believe it. It’s the same as saying all blacks are bad or all blacks are criminals. Idiots out there believe it. People should be judged by their actions not their profession or skin color. This cop was probably one of those idiots I was referring to.

−5

CAllD2B t1_itms6n7 wrote

What connects the problem of cops in New York raping minors in their custody; over-policing minority neighborhoods and harassing and punishing whistleblowers with cops in LA running gangs, trafficking drugs, and murdering whistleblowers to cops in Chicago and Minneapolis and Detroit and Florida murdering people and over-policing minority neighborhood and running off the books torture buildings and all the other fucked up shit they do?

Do you think it’s a coincidence that people in the same line of work and in the same institutional structure keep doing the same bad things independent of each other?

Evulsockmonkey t1_ituq0iw wrote

There’s a lot to unwrap here. “Over policing minority neighborhoods” do minority neighborhoods have higher crime rates? Burglary, theft, assault, drugs? If so then those neighborhoods require a larger police force. Police involved with torture, rape, and all the other things you mentioned should be thrown in prison. I’ll say it again, don’t generalize all police. If 1% or police are corrupt and 1% of black adult men have been charged with a crime does not mean all police are bad or all black men are bad.

ttaptt t1_itk5e4i wrote

This was a super fucked up one. It was just a guy doing literally nothing, nothing serious anyway, and they told him to produce his documents, so he reached for his registration and they just blasted him. It's really hard to tell from this potato ass video, but I remember it, and it was just another one of these situations, probably around 2010 or something. Going from memory, don't crucify.

Anyway, no, it wasn't stolen.. Oh, the guy below me already said this shit.