Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

socphoenix t1_irhp9zs wrote

That depends on the state in the US. my mother has been emotionally abusive our whole lives and when it got reported to CPS they told us if there wasn't a bruise/proof of lack of food we'd have to prove she stunted us to the point that a 16 year old had the mentality of a 9 year old or something like that to be illegal or cause an intervention...

​

Not saying my old home state is right on this but it may not be criminally chargeable in the state this was done in depending on their laws.

Edit: directly from their criminal statute:

>Act which causes non-accidental serious physical injury, sexual abuse/exploitation, serious physical neglect constituting prolonged or repeated lack of supervision or failure to provide essentials of life

megadori t1_irlusdt wrote

“Failure to provide essentials of life“ - a sense of security, trust, and love should be considered essentials of live just as much as food.

There's even that experiment from a long time ago where they gave baby monkeys everything they needed except for a loving parent, and they died

socphoenix t1_irmlrpx wrote

Oh I agree I was pissed off for a long time about that whole thing but it was multiple people in that department that told me that not just one worker so just nothing I could do

KJBenson t1_irm6l4e wrote

I think child abuse laws might work a bit different if it isn’t your own kids you abusing.

socphoenix t1_irmlu2s wrote

I hope so honestly what these women did was horrific