Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SvedishFish t1_iuov57q wrote

Most adults that I know have never used a straight razor or traditional safety razor blade before. In fact I think most couldn't even tell you the difference. I couldn't find safety razor blades at Target when I looked and bought them on Amazon. Everybody shaves with cartridge razors or electric razors these days. If you asked the average adult to draw a picture of a razor blade, I'd put money on the average response being a skinny blade as found in a cartridge (similar to a pencil sharpener) or a triangular knife blade like on an Exacto.

I would really encourage people not to draw conclusions based on the type of blade. It's just as likely to be a dumbass adult that doesn't know the difference, a regular ass adult that doesn't care about the difference, an adult that thinks he's smart and trying to act as if he thinks a kid might act, or an actual kid.

−3

sluttttt t1_iuowd60 wrote

I disagree with you on the easability of finding razor blades. They're also used for far more many things than shaving. But yes, we don't have all the details yet. It just seems fishy since I'm pretty certain there's never actually been a recorded case of this happening. I definitely heard a lot of adults talking about it when I was a kid though, as if it was a common occurrence. It's a shame that these myths have become true in some shape or form.