Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TheNewGirl_ t1_iwrl4qc wrote

How you can rule its safe for the public if you dont know who did it or have any idea what a motive could be

It could be a fucking serial killer for all we know at this point

Velkyn01 t1_iwrtbui wrote

I figured at first that they knew who it was and were planning to arrest them, but now they're saying no suspect at all? And with zero idea of sho did it, they declare that the community is safe?? Unreal.

peterkeats t1_iwv60ga wrote

Or, the suspect is known but protected. By money, connections.

−7

Mythosaurus t1_iwsdhn6 wrote

Easy!

You ask yourself, “what would the mayor from Jaws do?”, and you do exactly that.

They’ve calculated the risk to their own legitimacy, and have acted accordingly

TheNewGirl_ t1_iwsdodq wrote

Risk lives for the economy?

oh yeah

thats what real life government officials taught us during the pandemic too

Background_Dream_920 t1_iwta823 wrote

Probably trying to keep the public from panicking and going vigilante. It’s also a college town filled with young people that can act irrationally. Not saying it’s the right choice. Just guessing.

zippopopamus t1_iwrz3ki wrote

This tragedy has all the tropes of a summer horror movie

Hooterdear t1_iwspo0s wrote

Yet they also called it a "crime of passion." How do they know the motive I they don't even have a suspect?

Aldervale t1_iwts5qg wrote

Number of stab wounds probably. You don't stab someone 50 times unless you're really pissed at them.

Hooterdear t1_iwvdvlr wrote

True. Or a psycho. There are many murders of strangers with that many stab wounds.

Proper-Nectarine-69 t1_iwss419 wrote

Not surprised, Idaho cops aren’t the best and very conservative which usually comes with ego. Hope they allow capable people to investigate.

IHS1970 t1_iwsuhxb wrote

Seems weird, I thought I read there were other people in the home while the murders took place, maybe everyone was so drunk they slept through screams etc.

gardenpartytime t1_iwsy6ej wrote

Sometimes I’m glad I live in the big bad city. There are cameras everywhere so killers are found quickly.

jphamlore t1_iwt4hqo wrote

Sherlock Holmes story, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches:

> "They always fill me with a certain horror. It is my belief, Watson founded upon my experience, that the lowest and vilest alleys in London do not present a more dreadful record of sin than does the smiling and beautiful countryside."

> "You horrify me!"

> "But the reason is very obvious. The pressure of public opinion can do in the town what the law cannot accomplish. There is no lane so vile that the scream of a tortured child, or the thud of a drunkard's blow, does not beget sympathy and indignation among the neighbours, and then the whole machinery of justice is ever so close that a word of complaint can set it going, and there is but a step between the crime and the dock. But look at those lonely houses, each in its own fields, filled for the most part with poor ignorant folk who know little of the law. Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such places, and none the wiser."

Asleep-egg-44 t1_ix1ghtq wrote

I watched the Jeremy Brett version of this last night, fantastic.

markh2111 t1_iwtfzxl wrote

I'm glad I live in the big bad city where crime is not nearly as bad as Fox News would like you to think.

carolinemathildes t1_iwsqniv wrote

It also seems very odd to me that there were other people home at the time, the murders occurred around 3AM, and they weren’t reported until noon. I know people sleep in, but it seems strange that they didn’t hear anything and that the killer(s) didn’t search the rest of the house.

Asleep-egg-44 t1_ix16jir wrote

Well this is weird as fuck. I thought you redditors would've solved it by now. That sister is an oddball

dinoroo t1_iws8s96 wrote

They do but they don’t want that person to get in trouble.

−9

[deleted] t1_iwrspk9 wrote

[deleted]

−11

[deleted] t1_iwr4loy wrote

[removed]

−24

sea_5455 OP t1_iwr7lod wrote

It's very odd. Seems like from the article there were also two people in the house who weren't attacked and apparently aren't suspects?

From the article:

> Two other people were found alive and unhurt in the large home.

dearestramona t1_iwrb953 wrote

and they didn’t hear or see anything?

sktgamerdudejr t1_iws6a44 wrote

I live in the area and interact with U of I students and I’ve heard the house where it happened is of good size and the other roommates lived in the basement, which helps explain why no one heard much.

iirc, 5 people lived there (3 of the murdered and the 2 others) so that checks out on the size.

sea_5455 OP t1_iwrc6b1 wrote

While possible, I don't think any statements they made have been released.