Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

LSHDnato t1_iy8dlrf wrote

Over 300,000 people moved out of the state last year.. have fun paying 7-8 dollars for gas

−37

RobWallStreet t1_iy8f49i wrote

Ya poor people moved out.. And plenty moved in..

Worlds 4th largest economy… not in the country.. The Worlds 4th largest economy.

Ediscovery_PMP t1_iy8fnsw wrote

Lmao, imagine having to boil water and heat your home with literal coals and still screeching lies about how bad CA is.

Keep this shit in your outhouse. Or did y’all somehow fuck those up, too?

RobWallStreet t1_iy8pl5b wrote

Growing up back east I was raised that a earthquake was gonna separate California from the US and it was gonna float away…

When I told my family and friends that I’m selling everything and moving to California they thought I was crazy.. “your crazy, your gonna get killed, what are you gonna do? Fires, earthquakes!! Ahhh” you’ll be back..

20+ years here and I have some incredible opportunities that would have never happened anywhere else… I came here with legit nothing, and have an entire world to show for it. (Homes,cars, kids, businesses,)

My friends and family I still talk to are back home still doing the same shit they were when I left…

I have always thought, they were the crazy ones continuing to go through the same shit instead of taking a chance on something new..

At the end of the day, now I pray that California will break off an float away, as long Vegas can come with us. 🫶

MycoJoe t1_iy8eyk7 wrote

> Have fun paying 7-8 dollars for gas

Even at the height of the oil price spike gas was not $7-8. The average around CA is about $5, but even here in LA county I haven't paid that much per gallon in months.

ColdSheepherder t1_iyajis8 wrote

Sure, but as a Californian, did you factor in the cost of you having to buy waders to swim through a sea of dirty gov-supplied drug needles to the gas pump, the the dozens of homeless drug addicts surrounding the pump that you are required by law to give your money to, and the cost of your legislated penis removal in order to buy gas while someone yells at you for being white? /s, but I mean consider the type of drooling moron you are replying to lol.

ketseki t1_iy8hjr8 wrote

40 million people in the state and they should give a shit about less than 1% leaving? That sounds like less than expected after the mass exodus from cities during and after covid.

RobWallStreet t1_iy8uoc7 wrote

I would like to point out.

California 40 million people - 97,437 covid deaths

Florida 22 million people - 82,875 covid deaths

So California has 18 million more people but only had 14,562 more deaths..

So maybe relocating due to the fact that some states didn’t take a global pandemic seriously may not be the best way to gage where to move.

But they are correct, the gas is a $1 cheaper…

Khaibit t1_iy8if16 wrote

> Over 300,000 people moved out of the state last year

How many moved in?