Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

killadrix t1_ixp8w0q wrote

Crypto supporter here, happy to see the space regulated. The crypto space will never achieve any type of mainstream adoption until it’s regulated.

cachemonet0x0cf6619 t1_ixq4dr0 wrote

you might support but you don’t understand.

regulation is needed when you turnover custody of your assets.

crypto’s tenants are based self custody.

what you really meant to say is that you support regulating banks.

killadrix t1_ixq6ogs wrote

No, I meant what I said. Clinging to some weird, antiquated anti-bank dogma around self custody is exactly the type of sentiment holding the crypto and digital currency spaces back from mainstream adoption.

It’s wild to me that people sit on a pile of “self custody” magical internet money they have almost zero reasonable way to ACTUALLY SPEND/USE but hey, at least you’re sticking to the crypto “tenants”, it’s self custody, and you’re REALLY sticking it to the banks, right?

Njaa t1_ixqt16n wrote

How do you suggest regulating things like DEXes, where no single person or entity has any control or insight beyond what is publiclaly available?

killadrix t1_ixqxbeh wrote

I never said I had the answer, I said I support finding a way to making it happen.

I don’t have the answer for curing cancer, but I support people smarter than me finding a way to make it happen.

cachemonet0x0cf6619 t1_ixqaay4 wrote

it’s anti censorship

killadrix t1_ixqn6bz wrote

Okay, so (presumably) you have money invested into an asset class you can BARELY use for its intended purpose (a digital currency), because it’s “anti censorship”?

cachemonet0x0cf6619 t1_ixqpovu wrote

are you asking me to google censorship resistance for you?

killadrix t1_ixqx4k8 wrote

No, I’m asking you to explain your position. But if what you got out of my reply is that I’m asking you to google something, we’re done here because I’m not wasting time discussing this with someone who made this kind of weird nonsensical leap.

cachemonet0x0cf6619 t1_ixr1qn9 wrote

don’t kid yourself. you wouldn’t be taking swipes at “digital currency” if you understood that censorship resistance is the “intended purpose”