Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AttackOficcr t1_j0tx7bm wrote

Percentages don't work this way, but the thought was probably: (Down 50%, resulting in 3) if reversed is (50% up from 3)=4.5

I'd probably assume the .5 was a brownout caused by iguana and not round up or down if that was the case.

FriendOfDirutti t1_j0tymqk wrote

Sir, I already told you I wasn’t a math scientist!

AttackOficcr t1_j0u5yho wrote

Neither am I, bad math is a side gig. Biology is more my interest.

Like how did they not already have this same reptile issue with Floridian snakes crawling into electrical infrastructure?

SuddenlyElga t1_j0uvtlp wrote

Floridian snakes generally don’t climb.

AttackOficcr t1_j0v959t wrote

Rough Green snakes ~3 ft, Red corn flakes snakes ~4ft, and Eastern Ratsnakes ~6ft, are all known as good climbers.

SuddenlyElga t1_j0ws28e wrote

I dunno man. Not doubting you but I always see them on the ground. We have black rat snakes, cute little ring necks, moccasins and cotton mouths around here and all of them are always on the ground. I did see what looked like a rough green on top of a hedge once! That was cool. And I’ve only come across one rattler but he was really pissed about it.

AttackOficcr t1_j0xtupy wrote

They're often nocturnal, hunting birds or eggs from nests, and I'd guess sleeping in the trees, they don't stand out like a sore thumb.

A quick google search and apparently the Jacksonville area has had recurring snake power outages in 2014-2017 for similar reasons.