Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

MalcolmLinair t1_j0lxj8b wrote

>Any foreign national who is convicted of a crime and given a prison sentence is considered for deportation at the earliest opportunity

In the US we make them serve their sentence before we deport them. Then again, I don't think the UK has turned prisons into money printing slave labor camps the way we have, so...

Bucket-O-wank t1_j0m9ta7 wrote

Shhh, you’ll give the current government here ideas..

MalcolmLinair t1_j0mbqx5 wrote

True. Morally speaking the Torries are just as bad as the Republicans, they simply haven't had as much success turning your country into a Neo-fuedal hell hole.

[deleted] t1_j0o3q0w wrote

As an American the Tories seems like a absurd fraternity and being the PM is their way hazing members.

insideoutcognito t1_j0pa0gj wrote

I think the UK did too, of the initial 2.5 years, he was only due to serve half of that in prison, probably got out early with good behaviour. 8 months of an expected 13 months in prison isn't that unreasonable.

punkfunkymonkey t1_j0qcrwf wrote

As of 2018 8.41% of US prisoners held in private prisons. In the UK, 18.46% in England and Wales, 15.3% in Scotland

throwaway798319 t1_j0ovxox wrote

I mean, I wish the UK made some people serve their full sentences. I feel like you should seeve more than twelve years for brutal murder:

https://www.1news.co.nz/2019/03/08/parole-denied-for-convicted-murderer-who-violently-assaulted-another-female-partner/

After this awesome human was released and deported back to New Zealand, there was no system in place for him to be monitored for parole violations there. He did a lot of damage to a lot of people in the two decades he was free.

throwaway798319 t1_j0owi3e wrote

I mean, I wish the UK made some people serve their full sentences. I feel like you should seeve more than twelve years for brutal murder:

https://www.1news.co.nz/2019/03/08/parole-denied-for-convicted-murderer-who-violently-assaulted-another-female-partner/

After this awesome human was released and deported back to New Zealand, there was no system in place for him to be monitored for parole violations there. He did a lot of damage to a lot of people in the two decades he was free.

−1

DirtySingh t1_j0mcsdh wrote

He could have had it all. I'll never understand greed when you're already rich.

Nekaz t1_j0n8fiv wrote

Cuz why only have 1 mega yacht when you could have 2 mega yachts