Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

IvetRockbottom t1_j1t4d4d wrote

I wonder when we will speak of them in thr past tense, like other extinct animals in our lifetimes. I wonder when we will be in the past tense.

dijkstras_revenge t1_j1ti6um wrote

I think it would be more like pandas, no longer naturally occurring but they would still exist in zoos

Numerous_Teachers t1_j1uumkj wrote

I remember seeing that something is causing their penises to be more brittle. I’m not sure if its happening to captive and wild polar bears, its been a while since I saw it.

But if thats the case, they might be done

powercow t1_j1xqimo wrote

Pandas seem to be trying to genocide themselves. They went from eating high calorie meat to one of the least nutritious plants out there. They sleep more than cats because they get no energy from bamboo. Females are in heat a max of 3 days out of the year. and they dont live with mates or a group, so the male has to find them during those 3 days, if he even cares about having sex which often they dont seem to. AND if she chooses him, and shes picky as hell and tends to not like anyone new doesnt matter if he is more healthy, she wants to get to know them first. And then tends to have only one cub. Well tend to birth two but one almost always dies.

Its baffling pandas are still around for us to talk about. them sloths and sunfish, just seem to be begging for extinction to take them.

soulsteela t1_j1tz4u8 wrote

Wonder what will speak of US?

BeachesBeTripin t1_j1ujc5w wrote

Dogs probably we'll be their mythical gods that could bring peace with cats but one day never came home.

powercow t1_j1xqvf3 wrote

mostly gone by 2050 but supposed to hang on by 2100. Though by then most will be pizzlies, polar grizzly hybrids.