Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_j0gx3hl wrote

−50

admon_ t1_j0h1yy9 wrote

They can and do enforce it in most states, its not uncommon to see power companies trim trees on peoples property to protect their infrastructure. The main issue is that there is a huge amount of powerlines that they have to check, so not every area is cleared timely.

docmedic t1_j0gyrt1 wrote

They’d bury those lines in that case. Always a work in progress though.

Prophet_Tehenhauin t1_j0gzyyp wrote

Nah man, that guy is confident that progress is impossible so we should just give up.

Targash t1_j0h4dne wrote

My property has lines running in the back of it. The electric company has right of way for tree trimming back there and every few years they cut the trees back.

That guy can doubt all he wants but it's already something that happens.

ArtooFeva t1_j0h6qhz wrote

Governments being unable to enforce reasonable regulation would just be another example of something needing to be fixed.

jschubart t1_j0hv695 wrote

What are you taking about? They absolutely can and do enforce that in many places.

Dancing_Anatolia t1_j0ht472 wrote

Have you never seen companies trimming trees before? They will show up in a cherry picker and lop off branches that grow too big for their britches.

Redoran_simp t1_j0hwjtp wrote

I have literally watched the power company trim trees in front yards to keep them away from lines. You are talking out of your ass.

Millenniauld t1_j0iggo1 wrote

Right? I literally live in the Pine Barrens. It IS a forest. Almost never lose power due in part to the utilities coming out and trimming any trees that would be a threat.

donnerpartytaconight t1_j0i6wlm wrote

Ohio power companies trim private property trees to maintain a clear right of way around power lines. They come by about every three years. We just had ours done and we have a lot of trees on the street.