Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_j1wtfky wrote

BeautifulType t1_j1x687s wrote

Bruh you’re so dramatic. I read today a meat magnate died. That was free so is it fake?

−43

Cindexxx t1_j1xc8r7 wrote

Yeah that person was dramatic. However, they have a point too.

Fox is free. Afaik there's literally nothing paid. They're misinformation personified as a corporate entity.

You want nuance? You pay for it. Which means most people take what's free, hence all the bullshit.

As far as the "fell out a window"..... There's no hidden info, there's no spin. He got pushed out a window. It's a fucking Russian assassin's cliche by now.

This post has a nuanced problem. My personal opinion is that it's easy to reduce problems without a full fix. But it doesn't matter, because most people can't read it and go by gut reaction.

Beidah t1_j1xdd9e wrote

Good Journalists deserve to get paid, which means good journalism should be paid for. This makes it harder to access, unfortunately, which means bad journalism will spread misinformation/propaganda farther. Journalism doesn't jive well with a capitalist model. We should support publicly funded news medias more.

Cindexxx t1_j1xebsv wrote

That changes nothing about what I said. If anything public funded news should get funding from Dems. Sure, it's going to hurt them sometimes, but most of the time it won't. Also, does subscriptions mean it's public funded? I don't think so but I'm no expert.

Beidah t1_j1xlw6a wrote

I wasn't disagreeing with you, just sharing an opinion on the topic. If anything, I think our opinions were aligned.