Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

capricabuffy t1_iznagsl wrote

Eeeeeep.... as a black sea journalist... Imma book a flight to Australia....

starrpamph t1_iznbti6 wrote

Damn it's like a war zone over there

recoil101 t1_izndi21 wrote

Just to clarify, 67 died worldwide. 12 out of those 67 died in Ukraine.

DickwadVonClownstick t1_iznfm0u wrote

Gee, it's almost like Ukraine is a warzone due to being invaded by a country with a long history of killing journalists and a vested interest in preventing people from reporting the numerous war crimes they are currently committing.

lukeworldwalker t1_iznh1c3 wrote

Yeah I would say that because Russia claims that all of Ukrainian territory belongs to Russia, and Russia started an unjustified invasion, those statistics should say journalists were killed in Russia. Or at least by Russia.

Just to be clear, I of course do not support Russia’s claims. Just trying to show how ridiculous Russian logic is.

BoyTitan t1_iznl5pd wrote

Honestly not much sympathy here. I never heard a vet say they didn't absolutely hate journalist in war, and that journalist didn't at times almost get them killed.

−17

Showerthawts t1_iznmagr wrote

No. Russia is deadly TO journalists.

DrYoda t1_iznqv9c wrote

Just to clarify your clarification, 12 journalists died in Ukraine, some from different countries. Not 67 Ukrainian journalists dead worldwide.

Gone213 t1_iznx2ak wrote

Well add in 1 more for the US soccer journalist who died last night.

malphonso t1_iznx39i wrote

Russia seemed to be actively hunting journalists at the beginning. I wonder if that's still the case.

JanitorKarl t1_izo7rbj wrote

It's been a rough year for journalists. My regards to them.

Mountain-Ad-244 t1_izp3v48 wrote

Its a literal war. I am more concerned with the thousands of Ukrainians getting killed and maimed. Not the 1 journalist going to the front. Theres enough drone footage and capability of speaking via internet, no need to waste resources getting someone with little benefit to a war zone.

BoyTitan t1_izwt30q wrote

Yes none combatants causing combatants to risk their life to save their dumb ass is really needed. Absolutely not. War crimes happen, protocol gets broke. You don't need some bloke with a camera in the way.