Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

AnnabananaIL t1_j2p6omf wrote

Anybody read this? The state never disputed what the reporter said. Instead they applied pressure because they did not like her reporting. They revoked her credentials and then continued a pressure campaign to have her fired. Her reporting revealed that people in state custody, including kids, were being mistreated.

Super_Turnip t1_j2qij5t wrote

There's a petition calling for the resignations of West Virginia Public Broadcasting Programming Director and COO Eddie Isom, and Executive Director Butch Antolini. Link for anyone who wants to show some support to the reporter who was fired for doing her job, Amelia Knisely.

PuellaBona t1_j2q3p76 wrote

Even her supervisor said it was gross and shady. This dhhr sounds so fucking despicable.

Amazingshot t1_j2qd0u6 wrote

Yeah man. A lot of the abuse was at sharpe’s. I’d rather be in jail than at that hellhole. Had a friend who was in there for a few years.

justforthearticles20 t1_j2oryxa wrote

Wow, even Public Broadcasting is corrupt in West Virginia.

bighootay t1_j2pmant wrote

Right? "It feels gross and shady"...but does it cuz that's my job

nighttimehobby t1_j2p3m52 wrote

How are 15% of the votes downvotes? It is a news story about a reporter being fired for doing her job. Damn

BigWooly t1_j2pwdtc wrote

I am from WV, and my daughter does, or was taking foster children in. It was always very stressful for the family because the DHHR just would not listen to her concerns. I fear she may drop out as a result, and she is heartbroken because she really felt that she could help these children.

Gayguymike t1_j2php6w wrote

I fear this just the beginning in 2023

PuellaBona t1_j2q3fpk wrote

Oh shit. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

desperate4carbs t1_j2s7gqm wrote

UPDATE: The petition demanding the resignations of the two top West Virginia Public Broadcasting officials responsible for this travesty has 115 signatures as of 11:15 AM Eastern Time, 1/3/23. Please help us by signing: https://chng.it/CynnNcdp

Harak_June t1_j2uy2lc wrote

Hey, all you "freedom" loving stans, this is actual fascism behavior. Maybe scream about this?