Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

unforgiven91 t1_j519myk wrote

USD can be spent on pretty much anything.

I ain't paying $50+ in exchange fees to buy a beer with bitcoin

BagHolder9001 t1_j5715u5 wrote

you don't realize everything you buy has a build credit card fee ? Whether you like it or not there is a middle man so where making money if every transaction you make

unforgiven91 t1_j571q2e wrote

that 10 cents is already built in to the price tag, and it doesn't rapidly fluctuate based on random market forces

BagHolder9001 t1_j574v05 wrote

Last time I checked inflation makes prices swing and so does that build in fee

unforgiven91 t1_j5795sc wrote

note the word "wildly"

inflation increases prices at a fairly steady rate. A snickers bar isn't 10 dollars one minute, and 25 cents the next minute

BagHolder9001 t1_j57adye wrote

do you know that MoneyGram gram is building international money transfers via blockchain? give it time prices will stabilize and you will be using it without even knowing

unforgiven91 t1_j57ay5t wrote

I can't wait for the whole world to be tied in to the blockchain, having that chain be immutably broken and exploited then forked in to a new blockchain because wealthy investors lost money. Now we live in a reality where 2 similar chains exist and neither chain can identify what's real.

Definitely a system I look forward to existing, and definitely not the worst idea I've ever heard

BagHolder9001 t1_j57kyzg wrote

we don't need the whole world to run on it just things that make sense (transparency) like transactions and eliminate hundredths of bankers across the world

unforgiven91 t1_j57l9yl wrote

that mandates regulation, though.

effectively, it'll just become the banks we currently have but more vulnerable to attacks and doxxing

BagHolder9001 t1_j57lw0h wrote

huh looking and bs going on at US bank right now, all the hacks at insurance companies ( blue cross blue shield) credit companies lost a lot of info ( Equifax?) target and home Depot got hacked...I don't think we are any less vulnerable via blockchain actually exponentially MORE secure

point_breeze69 t1_j53hirb wrote

Bitcoin may not be the chain to perform beer transactions. Ethereum using layer-2s and roll-ups are though. Major companies like visa and MasterCard are already in the processing of adopting this tech because it’s cheaper and faster.

Bitcoin is great for moving large amounts of value though. Nothing comes close to its efficiency. Recently a billion dollars of value was transferred for something like .68 cents in tx fees. That isn’t happening with cash or gold, not even close.

−9

PoopyBootyhole t1_j521bdf wrote

You don’t? You can actually pay a fee that’s a fraction of a penny…

−21

unforgiven91 t1_j5224wg wrote

gas fees are a dollar from what I can tell. so i was being a bit hyperbolic but within the loooooooong time that bitcoin takes to process a transaction, those fees (and your bitcoin) can fluctuate wildly

PoopyBootyhole t1_j522t29 wrote

Have you heard of the lightning network? It’s instantaneous payments, and fees are literally like .000001$.

−21

unforgiven91 t1_j5230w7 wrote

i wonder how that'll eventually be used to scam people

PoopyBootyhole t1_j5242is wrote

Lmao you should do some reading. If someone gets scammed that’s their own fault. Not bitcoins.

−27