Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Rhouliha t1_j3331yo wrote

For those that can't access the link: An escaped Mexican cartel kingpin known as "El Neto" died after a shootout early on Thursday, four days after he fled prison in a violent mass break-out, authorities said.

AccomplishedDrag9882 t1_j33dx8r wrote

I wonder what he did in those four days?

Rhouliha t1_j33f14x wrote

The article doesn't say or speculate. The article goes on to say the following (my emphasis added in bold):

El Neto", whose full name was Ernesto Alfredo Pinon de la Cruz, was tracked down by intelligence forces in the city of Ciudad Juárez on the U.S. border, and then shot after a pursuit, officials said.

"He was located, chased. He was injured, but on the way (to the state attorney general's offices) he died," Chihuahua state governor Maru Campos said on Twitter.

"El Neto", a top gunman for the "Los Mexicles" cartel, escaped with 29 other inmates after raiders in armored vehicles attacked the prison in the border town of Juarez early on New Year's Day.

At least 19 people, including guards and other prisoners, died in the assault, one of Mexico's bloodiest prison raids in recent years, authorities said.

cry_havyc t1_j340s7i wrote

Would you know if he was captured and being brought to the State Attorney General’s Office or was he going there himself for whatever reason?

Rhouliha t1_j348y0j wrote

The former. He was involved in the altercation, injured, captured, and then died (from the injuries sustained) while the authorities were transporting him to the AG offices.

Miffers t1_j37w4s4 wrote

Maybe the usual, lots of cocaine and women

Fuzzy-Heart t1_j35by8w wrote

Thank you! I read the title as him getting killed during the actual prison break.

trashscal408 t1_j34rctp wrote

I believe this is El Neto, aka Don Neto, or Ernesto Fonseca Carrillo. He was depicted in the stellar Netflix series Narcos Mexico by Joaquín Cosío.
Edit: this was Ernesto Alfredo Pinon de la Cruz (El Neto, of Sinaloa, not Don Neto of Guadalajara). This was not the Netflix character. Thank you for clarifying.

CaptStrangeling t1_j354yd8 wrote

I believe that is correct. Ovidio Guzman captured and El Neto killed while being captured, that’s a big W in my book.