Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Former_Football_2182 t1_j4x8z5r wrote

Wow. I research before I put my money anywhere. Bank of America ripping off its own customers is kind of huge and old news. Sorry about you being you.

−28

ScreamingMemales t1_j4x9sh4 wrote

I've had money in BoA since 2009 and never had any problems. What is bad about them?

asdaaaaaaaa t1_j4xcabe wrote

They got in trouble for breaking some rules. IIRC, they'd separate purchases so they could charge maximum amounts of overdraft fees for one, but could be wrong. I'm sure there's others though.

Former_Football_2182 t1_j4xb7xt wrote

When they first introduced ATMs in supermarkets, BofA told its customers they had to pay if they did not use one marked BofA, then stripped all identification from their machines and charged their own customers to withdraw money.

ScreamingMemales t1_j4xkamb wrote

While I think it is fucked for banks to charge to use atms, that isn't the craziest thing. They are providing a way for you to get money in a random spot instead of going to the bank.

MeetingOfTheMars t1_j4xa3wm wrote

You seem swell. And exactly like someone I want to listen to and learn from. /s

I agree with you. BoA is shit and I won’t bank with them. But your victim blaming is not the way to convince people to move away.

But don’t listen to me. Keep assuming the worst in people that don’t think the same way you do. I wish you well.

More flies with honey, man.

Rude-Illustrator-884 t1_j4xd3fd wrote

A good amount of people open their bank accounts when they’re teenagers, where their parents most likely told them “This is a good bank”. I don’t know anybody who was “smart” enough to research banks at 16-18 years old.

Muzzlehatch t1_j4z2jzq wrote

Yes, I’ve had an account with them since my savings and loan failed in 1986. There was no internet or other practical way to research things like banks. Since then I’ve had no problems with them other than not really liking them. But it hasn’t been enough to overcome the inertia of being already there.