Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

zembriski t1_j9q43c7 wrote

>Could the Democrats focus on things like the FL education bullshit and women’s healthcare? Because this is a bill is as ridiculous as some of the Republican policies.

No, in the same way that Republicans can't focus on campaign finance reform and limiting congressional investments and salaries. Doesn't matter if it matches the principles of the platform, it's not the showy shit that makes headlines and gets them re-elected.

NEITHER side is the good side. Sure one side is objectively more (openly, at least) evil, but don't for a second think that either side is a good choice.

edit, just to point out that, I fully understand no Republicans are pushing for those things I mentioned. But both sides pretty happily fought against that kind of reform because it didn't suit their agendas at the time.

CouchWizard t1_j9qxjlq wrote

Bullshit both siderism usually allows the shittier side to win. Both are not the same, especially in florida. That said, this proposed bill has insanity sprinkled with sane ideas to give it credence. Dems always take the gold in handicapping themselves

zembriski t1_j9rlqxk wrote

>both siderism

No, this isn't BOTH siderism (is that a word, if so I'm using the shit out of it!). It's NEITHER siderism. Don't set the house on fire just to get rid of the termites, and don't bulldoze the house to put out the fire... We have to fight smarter and realize that it's indeed a case of US vs THEM, it's just that the us and them aren't red and blue; WE are the people living in fear and subjugation while THEY are playing us against each other so they can keep playing out their hunger games bullshit from the comfortable seats of power.

CouchWizard t1_j9s56ww wrote

Saying neither side is choosing to reject both parties in a first past the post system. That doesn't work when the only way to change the system is to participate in it, though, because you won't be able to get a majority on your third party before an established party wins