Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TrekForce t1_j8xmmbi wrote

You’re getting downvoted, but let’s be real, could you detect a fake therapist or a fake surgeon better? I feel like a fake surgeon would be a bit more obvious.

Also if she did any schooling, but just didn’t get her degree/license, then it probably is super easy to fake.

Especially since a lot of people are going to be people who have never been to see a therapist and wouldn’t know what to expect, and the ones that do will just write her off as being bad ( unless she was actually decent) and not think much of it.

A surgeon? Again, gonna be super obvious super fast. Got lots of eyes on you, and your patient outcomes are much more obvious.

So while your comment could be taken as a slight against those who practice, I don’t really see it that way, it seems more like the other people involved (the patient) is much easier to fool as a therapist than some other kind of doctor.

Thetallguy1 t1_j8yt0vg wrote

Wow, you see your first mistake that derails any validity to your comment is that you think a therapist and a psychiatrist are the same thing. Which they absolutely are not. Its like comparing an EMT to a RN. I'd say the easiest and fastest way to spot a fake psychiatrist is their pharmacology knowledge. If you read the article, she did actually study and was on the path of becoming a psychiatrist, looks like she might just have never gained board certification to practice.

−12