Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Julioscoundrel t1_j7j75h5 wrote

Absolutely true. The people with the power to silence their opposition are the people who control society.

−2

XrosRoadKiller t1_j7j8m1k wrote

Do you actually think trans and gay people control society?

Some times people aren't in power but simply protected and have no agency or agenda in the response of others.

Your statement is too narrow.

Julioscoundrel t1_j7j9dxe wrote

Fact: when there are jokes you can’t tell and things and words you can’t say then you are being controlled.

−4

XrosRoadKiller t1_j7j9mcz wrote

Even if I accepted that premise, and I don't, that's not the same thing as the original statement you made.

The phrase sounds deep but only if you look at it with only 2 opposing sides which is a shallow way to consider social interactions to say the least.

Julioscoundrel t1_j7jg7jp wrote

It doesn’t matter if you agree with it or not. It’s still true. There are words we can’t say and things we can’t do and people we can’t make jokes about. We are being controlled for the benefit of others. We are no longer free. And if you want to know who’s controlling us then just look at the people we can’t make jokes about, because they and their allies are now the ones in charge.

−5

Radiobandit t1_j7ja8lh wrote

So how's that alt-right pipeline been treatin' ya these days?

Julioscoundrel t1_j7jga9l wrote

I don’t even know anybody on the alt-right. And how typical of a leftist to immediately jump to a personal attack.

wooden_pipe t1_j7jyrwo wrote

The fact that you wrote this is hilarious given how you are basically arguing pro-offensive jokes and insults / free speech

Julioscoundrel t1_j7km6dz wrote

The fact that you immediately jumped to a personal insult is far more hilarious.

Radiobandit t1_j7kxyee wrote

You literally used the same dog whistle argument that argues the existence of an international Jewish conspiracy. Just because you're unaware of its influence doesn't mean you're not affected by it.

Julioscoundrel t1_j7lbd52 wrote

Your post is absolute, complete, 100% bullshit. You should be ashamed of yourself. I’m putting you on ignore.

pawnman99 t1_j7k6v4h wrote

Yes. This June, take a look at any retail store. Rainbows as far as the eye can see. People get fired for homophobic and transphobic comments... no one will get fired for disparaging cis white men. Companies will get dragged for not having enough gay and trans people, never for having too many.

−5

XrosRoadKiller t1_j7kudqx wrote

>no one will get fired for disparaging cis white men.

You absolutely can get fired for that. You are too deep into conspiracy land. And the same laws that fire people for homophobic remarks is the same for any race.

Julioscoundrel t1_j7lyqzt wrote

Never seen it or even heard of it.

XrosRoadKiller t1_j7m6pdd wrote

Well, you are literally one person. Maybe expand your horizons before screaming at the sky that we aren't free

Julioscoundrel t1_j7m6wol wrote

There are a lot of people who agree with me. They just don’t post here because they think Reddit is a leftist sewer.

And we are not free. JK Rowling was nearly cancelled after just liking a tweet calling trans women “men in dresses.” Actually making that comment here in the alleged land of the free draws immediate punishment and/or cancellation. We are definitely not free.