Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Dirty_Quesadilla t1_j7rd73y wrote

Honestly, I’d probably take that advice as opposed to the shit heads who “managed” my money over at fidelity in 2008.

Pepperidge Farms Remembers.

−5

Agent_Burrito t1_j7rw3yb wrote

That just sounds like a way to lose your money twice.

Dirty_Quesadilla t1_j7rzxsy wrote

Honestly, I’m doing better trusting reddit bros than the previous 21 years with Fidelity.

−25

ReconciledParadox t1_j7svhxi wrote

Your post history would seem to contradict that

Dirty_Quesadilla t1_j7swb86 wrote

Do you remember what happened in 2008?

−25

ReconciledParadox t1_j7sx92j wrote

Sure, but unless you exited at the bottom you should have recovered that many times over in the years since. Comparing that to the dogshit peddled on Reddit is just asinine.

ClubChaos t1_j7sk7ux wrote

All Coffeezilla does is this "i am so smart" shit to illustrate what everyone in crypto already knows. It's a zero-sum game and you're rolling the dice everyday. Everyone knows the risks.

−20

Ninjewdi t1_j7sqkw9 wrote

That's a pretty broad statement and very clearly isn't true. Not "everyone" knows the risks. People gamble, invest, and spend money on things all the time without bothering to learn the risks. There are still people who thinking vaping nicotine is less addictive than smoking cigarettes, still people losing their life savings in Vegas.

And you might make the claim that they're idiots who are the exception, not the rule, but I'm not sure the stats agree. Either way, there are plenty of folks who would gladly take huge risks without truly understanding the stakes, and if even one of them has seen this dude's vids and rethought their next move, then he's done someone a serious service.

Another YouTuber, Ann Reardon, started with just cooking vids, then started debunking fake viral cooking hacks, then branched out into debunking or challenging other trends. She covered electric wood burning (I feel like there's a name for it but it escapes me right now) and how and why certain how-to videos were immensely dangerous. People died replicating them, and many other people chose not to because she shed light on that.

pie_ofthe_cream t1_j7u2qvg wrote

There are also people who help guide the stock market into their pockets. Sad stuff

Edit: also pyrography is the word you’re thinking of!