Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

last_rights t1_j8qva46 wrote

I hate to tell you, but last year I had a run-in with the religious conservative hopeful representative from my area.

He legit told me that climate change does not matter because the second coming of Christ will save us. The Chinese or Russian governments don't matter because God is coming.

He told me to repent and asked if I was a dutiful Christian wife. I told him I'm atheist and I have a responsibility to vote for the most intelligent candidate, but I wish him luck.

musci1223 t1_j8r51og wrote

That is kind of the issue with belief in the idea that there is a almighty being with a plan. If you believe that there is an all knowing all seeing entity who basically got everything planned out then you will always end up assuming that everything will turn out fine. Had an argument with someone in conspiracy sub where they believed that it doesn't matter what they do on earth and no matter how much they hurt god's creation they will end up in heaven because they believe in Jesus

Clunas t1_j8s26dr wrote

/facedesk. The Bible literally tells us to be good stewards of this planet. The book of Revelation just shows that humanity will still exist, not that we won't be living in a toxic wasteland of our own doing.

adfthgchjg t1_j8sn3cq wrote

Sounds like you actually read the Bible, instead of just repeating… what someone else told you it said. How dare you! /s

Jagwires t1_j8r3fw1 wrote

Sounds exactly like Salt Lake City, UT, talking there