Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

sprint6864 t1_j8nowa1 wrote

How about we acknowledge that stopping cruel and unusual punishment is literally in the Constitution

Butch1X1 t1_j8ntgax wrote

It’s not a punishment, just the way to stop the suspects from being shot..

−5

sprint6864 t1_j8nto7f wrote

It's cruel and unusual, and is gross that I even have to tell people that being a suspect doesn't mean cops can openly shoot you or sic animals on you

Butch1X1 t1_j8nxbgq wrote

If You run away from the cop, then I have some bad news for You.. You have to stop, otherwise the police will (have to) use some force.. If You lucky then it is not a deadly force aka. a very well trained police dog. That will only catch You and take to the ground, and until then cop gets there and take it off from You, You will have some time to philosophize about why that running was a bad idea. ( It’s survivable pain, personal experience..)

−6

sprint6864 t1_j8o0137 wrote

No. Cops do not have the right to use force like that. Please kindly stop promoting Fascist ideology with such gusto

Butch1X1 t1_j8pbvus wrote

I could tell the philosophical and legal background of it, from the roman law to Hobbes, but I don’t think it is necessary. It’s enough that the police use force at times as part of the social contract in which force is required to ensure peace.

−2