Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

the_simurgh t1_jam40xy wrote

she did not take his switch, the teacher has stated the story where she took his switch is misinformation.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/28/joan-naydich-i-didnt-take-brendan-depas-nintendo-switch-before-attack/

WalnutScorpion t1_jam76x3 wrote

>Depa — who allegedly told cops he was “going to kill her” when he is released from custody — will be tried as an adult for aggravated battery on a school board employee, a charge punishable by up to 30 years behind bars.
>
>The troubled teen has a violent past and was arrested three times for simple battery in 2019.
>
>Depa is considered behaviorally disabled and requires specially designed instruction and related services as a so-called “exceptional student.”

Eh, 4th time's the charm? It's an overall sad thing, both that (after 3 incidents!) he hasn't been put in a place where he actually gets help/protection from himself and for the teacher that didn't deserve such a dramatic reaction.

w1n5t0nM1k3y t1_jam83e6 wrote

“exceptional student” used to mean something else when I was in school.

BaltimoreBadger23 t1_jamclmq wrote

And he's being charged as an adult, so I'm sure being in gen pop will help a lot. Hopefully he's found incompetent to stand trial and will be placed somewhere where he can get actual help.