Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

sravll t1_jb41q5f wrote

No cheating or revenge involved but my ex husband is the partner of my current partners ex wife. We're all friends.

flowersermon9 t1_jb4srok wrote

One of my best friends parents are the same way and everyone still gets along, goes on vacations together, etc. I thought it was weird at first but no one in his actual family did so I guess I was the weird one. I had no idea this was so common!

Swaqqmasta t1_jb5drsa wrote

It's certainly not common but I've known people like this as well. It's harder with kids involved, but I've seen that too parents split up but stayed friendly and ended up doing a lot of "big family" style gatherings with both bio parents and their new partners all being involved in the kids lives and being friendly

It was weird for me to see as a kid but now I'm just really impressed

Cynical_Thinker t1_jb57jkf wrote

My parents did this as well. Had no idea that was where all my pettiness came from.

v3ritas1989 t1_jb5kzui wrote

Probably interesting for the children too. I actually have a family name that has no relation to my biological parents. The names were just carried over from another marriage. Not so funny though if you then date the daughter of the other couple and everyone else in school thinks you are dating your cousin.