Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

GeraldWay07 t1_jbcghk7 wrote

The fact they have to state this is insane

Kastar_Troy t1_jbcqjtl wrote

What's so fuckin hard about a shower for a big event?

So these people literally never shower then.. what the fuck

MegaJoltik t1_jbd6tdk wrote

If you have two circle, one for "people who don't have social skills" and the other for "anime fans". I'm sure there are decent amount of overlap between the circles.

hagantic42 t1_jbedsae wrote

It's more Venn diagram of those who have clinical depression social anxiety and other mental disorders that cause them to basically become blind to their hygiene issues. Magic the gathering and Warhammer have this issue with many game stores I know going so far as to make a dedicated section for these gamers where the closer you get the more intense febreze there is.

Its not just being antisocial there's normally a good amount of mental health issue going on.

The_Muznick t1_jbepjd7 wrote

And then there's smash players in a league all their own. One dude literally shit himself while playing. Because why hold it in? Fuck it I gotta go I squeeze it out now because I have to play this game.

Lilithbeast t1_jbcwrr6 wrote

Coworker of mine said she went to conventions pre COVID and the stink was the worst. I don't understand people, do they have no idea or what? She says a lot of times people crowd together in a hotel room meant for far fewer people and she guesses they don't want to bathe in that configuration. But Jesus, dudes, at least bird bath or clean pits / undercarriage or anything at all.

[deleted] t1_jbe2zbz wrote

I think being unhealthy also smells. So it’s a super combination of, poor self awareness and social skills. Combine that with the purest funk and stinkiest toe cheese of someone who not only doesn’t bath, but has been working on a body sweat with no exercise behind it for months.