Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ShambolicShogun t1_ir7m074 wrote

He was the only thing the Rams managed to stop all night.

Tedstor t1_ir84c8s wrote

Victim- this guy ran over me on a football field

Judge- what do you think happens on a football field?

acjelen t1_ir7klt1 wrote

I am unfamiliar with this sense of ‘truck’. Is it an extension of the barter sense, the transport sense, or some new sense altogether?

Rainflakes t1_ir7upwx wrote

> Wagner and fellow Rams Linebacker Takkarist McKinley took matters into their own hands, brining Taylor to the ground before he could continue.

According to the article, I believe that he was soaked in a salt-water solution for several hours

MakesCakesEatsMud t1_ir8mfvq wrote

My pork chop brine recipe:

1 cup water 1 tablespoon sea salt 1 tablespoon sugar 1 tablespoon molasses

Throw in any herbs/spices you choose.

Let pork sit in brine solution at least 2 hours.

SureWhyNot16 t1_ir8gxsy wrote

Trucking in football basically means running over/through someone.

Exhibit A: https://youtu.be/sbUjgsJtjHI

acjelen t1_ir8ietd wrote

That video hurt me as a middle-aged Packers fan.

And I kept waiting for one of the announcers to use ‘truck’ to mean run over/through someone. But as far as I can tell they never did. But it is used in the video’s title.

BarelyEvolved t1_ir7uo0y wrote

Is this sarcasm? Il bite, its slang for hit him like a truck. Was a popular term among kids in the early 90's at least.

acjelen t1_ir875uv wrote

Not sarcasm. I hoped it was a sense I hadn’t encountered before. Otherwise I thought maybe it was a typo. Anyway, excited to learn a new slang term.

SkipAndGo t1_ir7i9yl wrote

Whats the complaint? I was an idiot and tried to cross a field full of professional tacking machines

Emorals67 t1_ir8q2u6 wrote

You clearly don’t know the American legal system and how you can make these lawsuits and for the sake of not dealing with it get a payout as advised by the defenses legal team.

Phosphonothioic t1_ir7jqpa wrote

Didn't give Wagner the right to intervene...no matter how funny it was. The guy will probably get a settlement out of it.

−15

systemfrown t1_ir7sgi0 wrote

lol. You should go carry a flammable device into crowded confines and see just how far peoples right to stop you extends.

Let's check back later and see how your "probably get a settlement out of it" assumption pans out. Cause I can assure you the NFL won't be setting a precedent of paying out for this. On the contrary, they may even make an example out of him.

Jump_Like_A_Willys t1_ir9j9n5 wrote

Wagner could have reasonably believed the guy was a potential danger to others (not knowing the guy’s intent, but seeing his actions, which were highly erratic for the given situation) so he took the initiative to stop the man.

OppositionComp t1_irawf1q wrote

Yeah, no way this turns into a settlement. That would encourage too many idiots.

Too much potential danger for a person not to defend themselves.

Harry_Gorilla t1_irbauv1 wrote

He was literally smoking. Guy could have been wearing a bomb; endangering the lives of everyone in the stadium. He needed to be in law enforcement custody asap.

brian_sahn t1_ir7psl1 wrote

Probably enough to cover his medical bills, but he’s not going to get rich.

−6

systemfrown t1_ir7s2q3 wrote

He'll be lucky if law enforcement doesn't pursue criminal charges (flammable devices in a packed stadium is no joke) or the the NFL don't sue the hell out of him, not to mention the security guard that was injured chasing him down.

Only Gen Z watches something like that and thinks "hey, that's a legitimate protester who's not responsible for the consequences of his actions".

dr_fop t1_ir7vt68 wrote

He is filing a complaint? What a clown. He was running at an NFL sideline with a smoking object. What did he expect was going to happen. Who knows what else he could have had in his pockets that might have been dangerous. F that guy.

_baundiesel_ t1_ir87a1d wrote

That is exactly why they don't want players doing that. The stadium security is insured for that stuff... players probably arent.

Jump_Like_A_Willys t1_ire8vuf wrote

So let's say there's a crowded street fair, and some guy is acting highly erratically by running and carrying a smoke bomb. This kind of behavior, without knowing the extent of his intentions, would reasonably signal to most people that the man is potentially a danger to others (again, not knowing what else the man will do next, but knowing that he is acting highly erratically).

Should the people at the fair let him just run freely and wait for security to get him, or should they do something to actively stop him even though they are not insured?

_baundiesel_ t1_ire9ao4 wrote

That's not a comparable situation.

Jump_Like_A_Willys t1_iream84 wrote

Why not? Were there not a couple of hundred people on the field and sidelines who this man, a man with highly erratic behavior and unknown intent, could have potentially hurt?

What if he then ran towards the stands and jumped into a section full of fans -- again, without it being known what the erratic man's full intentions were?

It's perfectly reasonable for any person (including Bobby Wagner) to feel this man, considering the man's behavior, posed a potential physical threat to others, and reasonable for a person to do something about it.

RandomThrowawayID t1_ir7oq4a wrote

He was hardly "trucked" -- Wagner just kinda leaned into him, to prevent him from causing any more mayhem. (One security guy had already gotten injured.)

Contemplationz t1_irblkcm wrote

Bobby could have hit him hard enough to separate his soul from his body. This was about as light as Bobby could hit. Bobby's equivalent of laying him down to sleep with a mommy kiss.

ash_274 t1_ir8uxyx wrote

Harder than a FIFA collision, but light for a NFL tackle.

laurabun136 t1_ir7noj8 wrote

I thought it was a gender reveal. What were they supposed to be protesting?

ash_274 t1_ir8vc0z wrote

The right to steal animals to rescue them… or something like that.

Football fields don’t have surfaces that protesters can glue their hands to, like the NBA does, so this guy had to weak-streak with a gender reveal pyrotechnic to get his point across… to the millions of viewers that didn’t see it, live, because NFL/broadcaster policy of instantly pointing the cameras at anything but an authorized person on the field.

IknowRambo t1_ir8vfu7 wrote

What a fucking sad sack of shit to try and press charges after that. I’ll put money it’s just to keep what ever dumb ass organization did this stunt in the lime light. I don’t know who they are and honestly I don’t give a fuck haha