Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Darkassassin07 t1_ixi7dss wrote

The paragraph immediately after the one you quoted addressed this. I'm done with this conversation. It's going in circles.

nowhereman1223 t1_ixi968c wrote

It is going in circles because your arguments don't make sense and stem from the premise that Drivers don't need to pay attention because they can't and Emergency vehicles flip lights on and mash the throttle once they reach an intersection.

Both are wrong.

−8

Darkassassin07 t1_ixic0se wrote

>Drivers don't need to pay attention because they can't

Not at all what I said, intended, or implied. Words you've chosen to put in my mouth.

For the 3rd time: people have reaction times. It takes time for people to notice, process, and react to changes in their environments.

Never said people don't react to changes. Never said people don't see changes. Didn't even say peoples reaction times are enormously long. Just that they exist, vary, and have to be factored in.

>Emergency vehicles flip lights on and mash the throttle once they reach an intersection.

A singular extreme example amongst many far more reasonable examples, specifically to demonstrate providing 0 time for people around you to react. It doesn't happen in the real world because, as I mentioned above, you'd get t-boned for it. Obviously you have to take more care than that.

BlooperHero t1_ixl9mso wrote

>Emergency vehicles flip lights on and mash the throttle once they reach an intersection.

Police cards do that all the time. And then turn off the lights after, because there was never an emergency they just didn't feel like obeying traffic laws right then.