Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

GetlostMaps t1_iylhkfh wrote

This is overdue. I assume that's why it's oniony, because they were so slow.

jiggamahninja t1_iylmtaf wrote

Bingo

>The approval, announced Wednesday, is years in the making. Researchers have strained to harness the protective qualities of the complex, diverse, yet variable microbial communities found in healthy people's intestines and stool.

It sounds gross to some, but a lot med of professionals understand the importance of gut bacteria diversity and why certain โ€œnicheโ€ infections like C Difficile can be devastating. This took wayyy too long to approve imho.

Partyingmanbear t1_iylo3np wrote

I caught c. diff after my appendectomy and it was brutal. My gut has truly never been the same since.

fawkesdotbe t1_iylpwgz wrote

> C Difficile

Pronounced in French, this sounds almost exactly like "it's difficult" ( c'est difficile ) ๐Ÿ˜…

vineyardmike t1_iylubu0 wrote

The probiotics industry is going to be pissed.

keithrconrad t1_iym7wob wrote

I saw Fecal Slurry play at Lollapalooza last summer

vineyardmike t1_iylu9dt wrote

The guy in the picture is holding it as far away from himself as he possibly can.

Naughtai t1_iyq0pnl wrote

This has been the primary treatment to repopulate a healthy gut biome for decades.

P7BinSD t1_iylkfo5 wrote

I'm guessing it only comes in "chocolate" flavor.

−1

Dlo-Nainamsat t1_iylk1v3 wrote

No, No, and Fucking NO. I will stick with corn flour and milk.

−2

ninecat5 t1_iynsr8o wrote

not when you are losing 2-5lbs a day to C.Diff infection basically blowing your ass off your body you won't.

arcxjo t1_iylj5vd wrote

Coming soon: dung junkies doctor-shopping until they find someone who will prescribe a dose that keeps them satisfied. Truly this is the darkest timeline.

−3