Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

bannedfromdisney t1_j5ya9b0 wrote

−13

_dead_and_broken t1_j5yvy8x wrote

Yes, but the comment you had replied to was talking about a smart fridge, so when you said the thing about being able to turn "it" off, it sounded like you meant the fridge.

I see you replied to your comment saying you meant stove specifically.

You can edit comments, btw, if you're on reddit's official app, click the 3 dots under your comment and it brings up options to choose from, one is to edit the comment. If you're on reddit is fun, click your comment, and it makes the up/downvote buttons and 3 dots pop up, hit those three dots, and again, a box opens with choices, and one is, of course, edit.

bannedfromdisney t1_j5ywf6m wrote

No. This is the comment I replied to.

“I don't have any smart appliances...but if I did, I wouldn't connect them either. I'm smart enough to operate appliances manually.”

You all think I replied to this one.

“I remember reading a story on legal advice who bought a "smart fridge" that had a screen on the fridge doors.

But the screen kept displaying all these unwanted pop-up ads anytime he tried to get his fridge to do fridge stuff.

Why does a smart fridge need to exist? Why does a fridge need a screen/monitor or to connect to the internet?

All I need is a basic fridge that keeps my food cold.”

Congrats all for the unnecessary downvotes. Follow the thread next time.

−6

_dead_and_broken t1_j5ywlgq wrote

Christ, dude, you're unnecessarily rude to people. I was just trying to be nice. 🤷🏼‍♀️

bannedfromdisney t1_j5yxbmf wrote

Pointing out something that I didn’t actually do would be considered more rude than for me to sit here and accept people passively calling me stupid for something I didn’t actually do.

−10

_dead_and_broken t1_j5yxrpy wrote

I never called, nor implied, you, or anyone else stupid, and the person who originally replied to you also didn't call you stupid or imply it.

I don't even know how you could infer that was even happening!

Psychomadeye t1_j5z25ni wrote

I had particular people in mind when voting for the legalization of weed.