Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

myops_rock t1_j5p9mpg wrote

Yup. The monopoly on concert promotion and ticket sales is bad. But I see it as a secondary concern because cocncerts aren’t essential. You could never see another live act and you would survive.

I do recall the Canadian truckers protesting against vaccination requirements to drive alone in their trucks and the Canadian government’s heavy handed response because those protests were effective. I think that it was disgusting how powerful people coerced many to take vaccines they didn’t want by threatening their livelihoods. That is not how individual health decisions should be made.

−18

cannabination t1_j5pdxz9 wrote

I'm talking about the truckers driving around the beltway in DC. I'd say read an article about it, but I'm starting to suspect your world view isn't primarily evidence based.

myops_rock t1_j5rpx94 wrote

The copycat shit in DC was lame. The leaf truckers that were their inspiration were great. They showed us little Trudeau’s fascist colors.

I suspect our world view’s are vastly different. I expect our lives experiences are vastly different. I expect you and I have very different ideas about how to determine what is true.

We all like evidence that confirms our biases. Good luck with your pretensions.

Sex_Fueled_Squirrel t1_j5pevdb wrote

The Canadian government also coerces them into driving sober by threatening their livelihoods if they don't.

Talk about tyranny. That's not how individual health decisions like when and where I get to drink should be made. My body, my choice!

texasdeafdogs t1_j5rq6a5 wrote

People are capable of addressing more than 1 thing at a time too.

myops_rock t1_j5rudyy wrote

Indeed. Our government is very good at enriching the people in it and their families while acting at the behest of people with tremendous wealth. They even manage to squeeze in time to lie through their teeth to us. Multitasking.

MoCapBartender t1_j5ruhbo wrote

It's really amazing what protesting can accomplish when it doesn't threaten the rich.

myops_rock t1_j5ryxcc wrote

For real. When it suits their interests they’ll even subsidize it!