Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Crott117 t1_j50fc8p wrote

I’m not willing to give Fox News a click but I can’t find anything elsewhere suggesting this is actually a real thing.

Impossible-Wedding-4 t1_j50krpf wrote

I'd wager is right up there with litterboxes in schools.

Someone's cousins, uncles, brothers, sisters, dogs dogsitters, best friends, aunt 8 times removed, landlords, daughters best friends 5 year old son once saw a cow with a diaper on it and the crazy story started

Fake_William_Shatner t1_j50lnq2 wrote

Someone spent at least five minutes putting a bed sheet on a cow which probably took two minutes to fall off — so it HAD TO BE REAL!

RaffiaWorkBase t1_j5402ta wrote

Probably some cows, somewhere have been fitted with devices to accurately measure how much methane is emitted by different breeds on varying fodder, or some such, and Faux News has hit on another kitty-litter-boxes-in-schools fake outrage bait for clicks.

Geenasa t1_j50gxhd wrote

Slow Thursday? Throwing out stuff and seeing what will stick?

DuckQueue t1_j50f1ge wrote

I like how they pretend this is what the masks are, when it's presumably these, which bear almost zero resemblance to their dumb 'demonstration'.

Crott117 t1_j50j42l wrote

Surely by now people know that tucker - by Fox’s own admission - does not provide factual information?

Pimping_NZ t1_j50d4ft wrote

How does that contain the emissions anyways? Wouldn’t it have to be air tight to not let the gas escape?

Clickum245 t1_j50n7wk wrote

It is a bullshit article but if it were real, I imagine there would be a substance in the diaper that would bond to the methane before it is escapes to atmosphere. Even without being airtight, that would cut emissions.

But it is fake.

lennydykstra17 t1_j50oqxr wrote

Cows burp out their emissions anyway. With 4 stomachs gas doesn't go through the entire digestive system, so it vents out the mouth instead.

So no matter what, no, they could never make it airtight without killing the cow.

Fake_William_Shatner t1_j50m2ds wrote

AI art tools will only make this low effort type of graphic higher quality. For God’s sake give the cow some dignity and at least have a harness and a gas canister with a cyberpunk flair to it!

Fake_William_Shatner t1_j50mdlj wrote

If Dante were still alive, he’d have added another circle of Hell for news reporters delivering fake news.

These people seem to be having a great time earning a paycheck but they do more damage to society than a serial killer.

Alert-Mud-672 t1_j51jms7 wrote

Yep hon, and you believe it. Please go back and finish high school.

DaveOJ12 t1_j52lkij wrote

It feels like cheating if a Fox News article is posted here

Kind_Bullfrog_4073 t1_j53jjfx wrote

I see Danone saying they could look into facemasks to contain burping, but nothing about diapers. Maybe the farmer came up with that herself.

Garreli t1_j50fypf wrote

Changing the cow’s diapers would be a good job for some of the Twitter people Elon axed.

−4

greatdevonhope t1_j50fbej wrote

So the US government needs to stop telling farmers what to do because in France they have some very ideas to reduce green house gases from cattle (It's more the diet and genetics rather than masks and diapers according to fox themselves). https://www.foxnews.com/story/measuring-cow-burps-in-fight-against-climate-change

−6

Black_Dovglas t1_j50i3l9 wrote

The U.S. government isn't telling anyone they have to put diapers on cows. Also, masks work and mask mandates are absolutely essential in fighting novel viruses like COVID.

greatdevonhope t1_j50japr wrote

I know, the bi line of the article is "Stephanie Nash told 'Tucker Carlson Tonight' the government needs to stop telling farmers what to do".