Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

47mmAntiWankGun t1_j71zpmz wrote

This is almost certainly because the Medicare Advantage move (which, to be fair to Adams, was negotiated under DiBlasio) is now likely dead in the water. The Office of Labor Relations is now expecting to be short $600M and likely can't afford the raises that Unions are demanding, so they're trying to sweeten the deal with perks that don't cost the city any money.

That said, having hybrid work explicitly included in the labor agreement will make it virtually impossible for the city to rescind it (unlike private sector policies which can be changed at a whim), and so would be a pretty big step forwards for enshrining the right to hybrid work in the future in the face of current and future economic downturns. I wouldn't be happy about the loss in wage rises, but having 20-40% of the workweek be hybrid would probably be worth it in my opinion.

Chrisnyc47 t1_j7235tj wrote

Exactly what I was thinking. There’s no way hybrid work in being considered without the unions giving something up in return.

mowotlarx OP t1_j72je6x wrote

I think that too. Hybrid will be the trade off for little to no raises. Honestly, having the extra time and flexibility a huge perk. And save a little $$ on public transit and office lunches.

LOVE2FUKWITHPP t1_j78x573 wrote

Your on to something

Add all the money going to migrants , where is the money for there raises coming from ?

No wear …

I’m a wallstreet guy and last year was horrible

I have no capital gains taxes to pay cause I and many did. It make money

Shit.

Many ain’t gonna pay any taxes as there was ver very few gains if any it was brutal and still is