Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Sere_C t1_j8y4cni wrote

I know there's a trend for classic nostalgia going on, but nobody is actually serious about going back to Blockbuster, buying CDs from Sam Goody, or playing video games on a CRT television. However, if there was one thing I wish would revert back to the past, it's food delivery. I have no issue calling a restaurant or ordering through their website where an actual employee of the restaurant delivers my meal using their car. Delivery apps have caused more harm (all the reasons already explained in this thread) than good imo.

Shreddersaurusrex OP t1_j8yp3k2 wrote

They allowed restaurants to reduce labor costs. They also allowed customers to more easily order without hassles like delivery zones and having to deal w/busy signals.

I think customers always need to tip fairly. The apps could implement a service charge that actually goes to the driver instead of the optional tip. Restaurants should have delivery zones. If not then the customer needs to tip well enough to make it worth the driver’s while.

leibinz110 t1_j97wqgi wrote

I'm with you! Frankly I also wish we went back to yellow cabs flooding the streets. Uber prices have gotten ridiculous and I miss they days where you could just walk to the corner and hail a cab.