Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Zodiac5964 t1_j9ekg69 wrote

AND the sales tax.

you'd think by literally profit-sharing our incomes, we'd have a squeaky clean city, modern public transportation and significantly fewer public safety issues.

But no. We pay significantly more than residents of comparable tier one cities across the world, yet get back significantly less.

i get it there are other priorities, but it's only right for the city to pay a little more attention to the priorities of those who, you know, fucking pay the bills.

i'm so fed up with how little NY's elected officials actually cared to represent some of our real interests. From City Council all the way to Albany. All of you elected officials out there ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

MikeDamone t1_j9fb465 wrote

Not to mention that the wealthiest among us in this city deliberately plan their lives around owning out-of-state homes and owing minimal state/city tax. The ones without absurd means are left holding the bag. And we have derelict stations, 50 year old train cars, and trash strewn streets to show for it. Meanwhile the Buffalo Bills, and their billionaire owner, get a free $800m subsidy on their new stadium.

Right wingers across the country love to get frothy mouthed about crime and other Democrat-city misdeeds, but it is fascinating to me that they give relatively little attention to the real rot, waste, and corruption that we have in our state.

D14DFF0B t1_j9evo66 wrote

You call and write to them about this, right? And you vote for people that act to reduce waste and corruption, right?