Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Useful-Suspect-6540 t1_ja351fi wrote

As long as they are Muslims, otherwise you're not even allowed in the city. So Yes, its a very inclusive.

TetraCubane t1_ja3fnj7 wrote

I mean yeah, racially it is inclusive. Technically, Christians and Jews should be allowed to enter since the scripture only mentions not allowing pagans and polytheists but the Wahhabi interpretation enforced by the Saudi government took it further.

Useful-Suspect-6540 t1_ja54jps wrote

They also belive in the same God since they are Abrahamic. People forget that because they are busy hating each other. Humans are mostly dumb and severely lack critical thinking.

Calfis t1_ja8i71x wrote

I remember taking a philosophy of Judaism, Christianity and Islam class in undergrad and the professor tried to simplify it by basically saying old testament was original and new testament was revision 1 that some people accepted and last testament was revision 2 that some people accepted. Needless to say I learned next to nothing from that class but still got an A.

Dont_mute_me_bro t1_jac8f6x wrote

The Christian and Jewish God (as modernly interpreted) gave people free will. The Islamic God requires submission.

I can't think if a more different approach: freedom or submission.