Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

tikihiki t1_ja8cvzu wrote

"Elijah Muhammad told the annual Savior's Day convention on February 26 that "Malcolm X got just what he preached," but denied any involvement with the murder.[58] "We didn't want to kill Malcolm and didn't try to kill him," Muhammad said, adding "We know such ignorant, foolish teachings would bring him to his own end." from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Malcolm_X#:~:text=Elijah%20Muhammad%20told%20the%20annual,him%20to%20his%20own%20end.%22

Regardless of who is was actually responsible for the killing, this seems hugely insulting to put this on Malcolm X blvd.

I won't claim to be an expert on this. Is there context I'm missing? What does Malcolm X's family think of Elijah Muhammad?

SoloBurger13 t1_ja8g989 wrote

I just said fuck the Nation of Islam lol where did I say they should get a street sign? Fuck Elijah Muhammad and Farrakhan

I think it’s important to name who correctly killed this man.

Here’s Malcolm X family suing bc FBI and NYPD had people there at the speech AND knew he was about to be murdered

This is in addition to them having informants in the nation. I think a lot of people do not understand Contelpro or the extent in which the FBI was involved in assassinating radical black leaders and destroying movements