Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

StrngBrew t1_jeacqe5 wrote

So it’s the same price as MLB.tv but instead of every mlb game you get only Yankees games?

I suppose if you’re in the city, where they’d be blacked out, this is a solution over cable. But man, feels like they’re putting the screws to you charging the same price as it would cost to get essentially every live game for every team.

EagleFly_5 t1_jeaf20e wrote

Also w/ the rest of baseball season, you’ll have to figure out the Yankees games that exclusively air on:

• Apple TV+ for Friday Night Baseball. (2 games)

• ESPN (2 games).

• Amazon Prime Video (iirc around 20), or sometimes on TBS (2 games, inc. one Subway Series).

• Fox (local channel), sometimes separate on FS1 too, ~7 games combined.

YES doesn’t broadcast or cover those, but for those who already have a cable package that includes them (me), great news. Also good news if you already have MLB.tv for free (T-Mobile, also me), so you wouldn’t miss out on them.

I did hear about it on the Michael Kay show yesterday on radio (& saw on DVR on YES), MSG network’s supposed to have a similar one for summer, a bit more expensive, and in theory not much to see. Only benefit with this one is that if you choose to subscribe month to month or yearly, there’ll be more programming w/ Nets games, Yankees games, NY Liberty, some golf & college sports games, AC Milan games, and more.

FredTheLynx t1_jeazxix wrote

Apparently the Yankees don't know how cheap a VPN is.