Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Brolic_Broccoli t1_jb2h0ee wrote

Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to read my wall of text comment.

I agree with each part of the legislative intent - and the baby should not be thrown out with the bath water here. The Reforms were badly needed in 2019. Defendants are absolutely entitled to each and every relevant piece of information that is helpful to their case. It's the enforcement mechanisms tied into the matter - such as having the entire case dismissed - because the statutory speedy trial deadline passes amongst other issues.

jvspino t1_jb2hus4 wrote

And I appreciate your thoughtful replies. As a non-lawyer, I assume there's a lot of bureaucracy (and some corruption) that slows things down in system and leads to less-than-ideal solutions. Though I hope that we can still make progress in the right direction, even if slowly.

Brolic_Broccoli t1_jb2jrhc wrote

For the most part, we're all regular new yorkers who live in the neighborhood and want community safety, willing to put in at least 12 hours a day despite receiving no overtime to process all the documents and videos we have.

My hope is that enough individuals let their legislative representatives know that we need change and tweaks in the right direction, because this affects us and our friends and family.