Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

CaptainObvious t1_jdjw3av wrote

Shit troll continues to be shit. More news at 9.

oceanblue966 t1_jdjxpii wrote

Can you actually bring some counter points to the table or are you just babbling with nothing to contribute to this discussion?

Edit: I genuinely want to hear what is so bad about George Santos, I wish I could have voted for him in my district.

−74

CaptainObvious t1_jdjzzev wrote

You are not interested in conversation. You just want to waste my time. Fuck off loser.

jay5627 t1_jdk87iz wrote

> I genuinely want to hear what is so bad about George Santos

Said he was Jewish and that his grandparents fled the Holocaust, when questioned he said he was "Jew-ish"

He claimed his mother died as a result of 9/11 when there are documents indicating she was in Brazil that day

He worked financial firm called Harbor City, which the Securities and Exchange Commission accused of running a Ponzi scheme and was later shut down.

Lied about his employment at Goldman & CitiGroup

He claimed he lost 4 employees in the Pulse nightclub shooting (he didn't)

A staffer working for Santos’s election bid would call rich donors and pretend to be Representative Kevin McCarthy

In 2008, Santos was charged with fraud by Brazilian prosecutors for stealing the checkbook of a man his mother was working for and then spending nearly $700 using a stolen checkbook and a fake name. He admitted to this in 2009 and then again in 2010.

He raised $3k for a homeless vet's dying dog and stole the money.

Sadly, this is only part of the list

You'd vote for this person?

IsNotACleverMan t1_jdllhws wrote

You know, when you see all this listed out like this, you really have to (not really) admire his chutzpah. You need giant balls (and zero shame) to pull off those lies.

−2

Jonas_Venture_Sr t1_jdk5h4n wrote

You offer nothing to the conversation. You’re saying that it’s cool for Santos to do it because everyone does it. Why even prosecute any crimes whatsoever because everyone is doing it? If you commit a crime and get caught, you get punished. Seems pretty fucking simple to me.

LazyLamont92 t1_jdkp09c wrote

They’re calling you a troll because instead of addressing the topic at hand, you straight up went, ‘but what about the Democrats?’

It makes it seem like you’re saying Santos committing fraud is fine if the others do it as well.