Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

NetQuarterLatte t1_ir1qsya wrote

> "Nothing short of an extrajudicial campaign of terror and kidnapping.”

That's gotta win the award for scaremongering quote.

The silver lining is that those individuals who once avoided the courts to evade justice, are now very willing to see a judge ASAP.

> Wright knew that he’d previously cleared that warrant, and it wasn’t valid anymore.

> All told it took 17 days for Wright’s family to figure out what had happened to him and where he was, to reach his lawyer, and for his lawyer to get a judge to order his release.

He got out of jail using the correct judicial mechanism: get a judge to issue an order to release him.

But they took more than two weeks to even ask a judge for that, and now they are suing for the "trauma" that extended time has caused.

−47

chargeorge t1_ir1yqnd wrote

the fuck is wrong with you?

sinkwiththeship t1_ir251hf wrote

There are no nutrients in an all-boot diet, so his brain has rotted.

timrmac6 t1_ir5hzqi wrote

Hahahaha. Can’t victim blame you. Sound like the kind of guy who forgives his wife for fucking her new bf in their brand new bed.

Edit: and you enjoy it.

−2

BrieGoneThot t1_ir2d5mv wrote

Yes. Extrajudicial kidnapping sounds about right to me.

Arresting officer should go behind bars for life without parole.

mission17 t1_ir2hgyp wrote

Well, at least you're going full mask-off and not pretending to speak for progressives this time.

NetQuarterLatte t1_ir2vwoa wrote

There’s nothing progressive about this.

Demanding that the NYPD should be making determinations about someone’s bail status or ignoring court orders?

It’s totally backwards.

Edit: to state the obvious, there are clearly broken things that need to be fixed in how those cases are handled.

−12

mission17 t1_ir2xaz6 wrote

It’s crazy how you always somehow arrive at the conclusion that Due Process is something anti-progressive. It’s clear you don’t have any idea what progressives stand for. So I’m asking you respectfully once again to stop purporting to speak for progressivism.

NetQuarterLatte t1_ir33xh3 wrote

We can agree to disagree again.

−13

NetQuarterLatte t1_ir39ctb wrote

I'll these cases happened towards the end of De Blasio's administration, who has at best perpetuated and at worst made the jail situations worse. As I've learned from previous threads, it's pointless to argue with someone who believes De Blasio is a progressive hero of any kind.

−4