Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Due-Personality8329 t1_irkj5tf wrote

So sorry you feel this way. No way to live honestly..my brother worked in Hells Kitchen for the past 3 years. Says pre-covid, it was fine and fun. Post-covid, he was dodging drug users and belligerent homeless people (which I say that with empathy) and ultimately, his company moved offices to Brooklyn.

Your pup sounds adorable but I almost wish your pup was 60 pounds and had a good bark on em. Idk, sometimes a good bark is enough to deter someone.

Again, so sorry you’re feeling this way. I live out in Suffolk so this doesn’t particularly resonate with my lifestyle anymore. But I used to commute (had low level anxiety on subways, walking, etc.) but I can’t imagine how it feels in todays city.

NadzInTheCity OP t1_irkk875 wrote

I didn’t spend much time in HK growing up, but had one friend who lived here and he never complained. I work 5 blocks away and walk to work and can’t find a route that lowers my anxiety. I know the city gave homeless people rooms in hotels in the neighborhood during the pandemic, but i’ve never had a problem at all until recently.