Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

brainfreezereally t1_irmofil wrote

Actually, if you look at my post, the nesting will show that I was not replying to you, but rather to a person who was just saying that hearing about the EMS working made them scared.

I would not have said that to you, having lived in The Village in the 1970s/80s when there were many odd/dangerous people there (as well as many criminals who were very dangerous throughout NYC). Being afraid is part of what makes you safer (though not safe) and you seem to be making very good decisions when confronted with those people. Since you responded to my comment, what I wanted to say to you is that when it gets to the point where you are not willing to go out, you may have tipped into depression (not surprising given the last several years) and you may want to seek professional assistance.

Shera939 t1_irn6g6j wrote

“Actually” they had very similar experiences. THey wrote a whole post about it. So how about ppl have reasons to actually be scared, not just shit they see in the news. Btw, If the news played all the shit that actually happens most everyone, especially women bc we are more frequently the targets for this shit, would be terrified. It’s exactly why I don’t read local news. But keep assuming news is why, but stop telling ppl who live these experiences that they’re just falling prey to the news, it’s obnoxious.