Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

HEIMDVLLR t1_iudo1yt wrote

You won’t see articles like this posted on r/nycbike r/micromobilityNYC . Instead they asking why their building won’t let them charge one inside or how they can sneak one in the building.

TeamMisha t1_iudwb5t wrote

There was discussions during the NYCHA fires. I don't remember the consensus. My personal take, if this can be addressed with regulation (batteries) and education (how to safely charge), that would be better than just banning them outright. I wouldn't want unscrupulous riders causing fire risks in my building but there is plenty of responsible ebike owners too.

ahintoflime t1_iuduxvo wrote

Start forcing people to charge their e-bikes outside in the rain and you'll start seeing a lot more battery fires lol

HashtagDadWatts t1_iuebegi wrote

This is awkward: https://www.reddit.com/r/NYCbike/comments/xre76s/consumer_alert_attorney_general_james_urges_new/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

You might want to check those subs before spouting off next time. Both of them have a bunch of threads about battery fires.

HEIMDVLLR t1_iueej5h wrote

−2

HashtagDadWatts t1_iueftqh wrote

You said that you won't see articles about battery fires on those subs. That was a lie.

WickhamAkimbo t1_iuej44y wrote

Accurate about sneaking scooters and batteries into buildings though. There are comments in the link above talking about bribing doormen.

−5

HashtagDadWatts t1_iuepmi9 wrote

If he wanted to complain about people not liking policies of their landlords, he could've done that without lying.

StrngBrew t1_iueeu4c wrote

Maybe if the article had a picture of anything in a bike lane it would have more than 3 upvotes?

−3

HashtagDadWatts t1_iuefxtk wrote

I have no idea what this comment means or how it's relevant to the string above.

StrngBrew t1_iuenhar wrote

You tried to post it as proof but it has almost no upvotes. Meanwhile the entire sub is pictures of something blocking a bike lane with hundreds of upvotes

Really your post proved OPs point.

−2

HashtagDadWatts t1_iueprae wrote

The comment I replied to didn't say anything about upvotes, so again, I don't get your point.

22thoughts t1_iueaac7 wrote

Well, those folks are kinda extreme. Maybe there’s a way we can have outdoor charge stations that are still shielded from the elements

−3