Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

R_M_T t1_it0dp7v wrote

As an attorney, never get legal advice from a Reddit forum. You have countless free services through your local Bar associations that will steer you in the right direction.

r/legaladvice is filled with talking heads, unrelated to the legal field as a whole, who give awful advice.

If you need any direction, I’m happy to give you some numbers and people who will consult with you free of charge

Feel better!

SleepyHobo t1_it0fjwn wrote

The only thing r/legaladvice is good for is pointing you in the right direction of the actual legal services. The mods frequently pin their own comments with bad advice and flair themselves as "Quality Contributors".

OverlordXenu t1_it1hszx wrote

i got banned for factually pointing out that a large chunk of the mod team are cops who routinely give out bad advice. like when they told someone accused of raping someone under their care to just submit their DNA if they were innocent…

OverlordXenu t1_it1hvvs wrote

as an attorney, do you honestly think they could get any kind of settlement or judgement for this?

R_M_T t1_it22hwb wrote

Yes. But time is of the essence. You have 90 Days to file a formal claim or you are shit out of luck.

It’s always good to get looked at, especially if you can have a soft tissue injury. Since it happened with a vehicle, in operation, your medical treatment is covered under No-Fault so you won’t have out of pocket expenses.

OverlordXenu t1_it3g481 wrote

frankly my friend is an attorney for the city who deals with cases like this and he doesn't think there are damages, so, good luck lol